Wayfairer has unveiled an exclusive new conservation-focussed tour of Zimbabwe that isn’t available elsewhere.
Eight guests will be privately guided by the renowned Mark Boyd, an award-winning, globally published photographer and scientific author, for an authentic and educational immersion into the country’s wildlife conservation and community initiatives.
The eye-opening 12-day experience will be combined with extraordinary safari activities, spectacular dining experiences and luxury accommodation.
“Over the past 12 years, Zimbabweans have opened their hearts to Wayfairer’s responsible and positive intent towards tourism in their beautiful country, and our new Conservation Experience itinerary has been crafted in collaboration with the local communities and conservation initiatives we champion,” founder, Wayfairer Travel, Tom Blakey, said.
“A very small group will experience an eye-opening and truly rewarding once in a lifetime experience, with behind the scenes insights and rare encounters that showcase the charm, character and beauty of Zimbabwe, but also its vulnerability.”
During the trip, guests will:
- Spend four nights in Vundu Camp (Mana Pools National Park), where they will be joined by famous guide and award-winning conservation photographer, Nick Murray, who will educate guests on the wildlife and ecology of the area, sharing his wisdom on threatened species of wild dogs. Nick guided David Attenborough during the filming of these wild dogs for the acclaimed BBC Dynasties series.
- Spend four nights at Bomani in Hwange National Park, a collection of tented lodges spearheading the reintroduction of rhinos back into this part of Zimbabwe.
- Accompany the Cobras Community Wildlife Protection Scouts sunrise rhino walk and support with their daily canine training and poacher tracking initiatives where they’ll be required to pose as poachers.
- Join a conservation education session for school children from the local Mleyu Village, funded by the trip.
- Spend three nights in Victoria Falls, with a visit to Giving Circle, an inspiring local initiative which provides girls in Southern African countries with education, mentorship and emotional support, with the ultimate goal of breaking the cycle of deep poverty.
For more information, click HERE.