Chattanooga’s Department of Public Works announced that the following locations will be closed or have limited access starting January 16.
- Ochs Highway (Tennessee side) between Red Riding Hood Trail / Ochs Highway intersection and Fleetwood Drive (Lookout Mountain, TN) has reports of worsening icing conditions and may close this evening. Please use extreme caution or utilize the Ochs Highway Extension into Georgia as a detour.
- Suck Creek Road at the Hamilton County line is closed due to icing.
- Westbound I-24 within the city limits has multiple incidents reported, use Broad Street / Cummings Highway / Birmingham Hwy as a detour.
- W Road leading into Signal Mountain / Hamilton County
- Hamill Road between Gann Store Road and Fairview Road is closed due to icy conditions
Road conditions will worsen as we drop into single-digit temperatures overnight, the Department says.
Remember, do not travel unless necessary.