The Tennessee Valley Authority said Wednesday that their preliminary peak power demand was 34,526 megawatts, setting an all-time TVA record.
The previous record was 33,482 megawatts, which was set in August of 2007.
The TVA also reports that their power grid is stable and their generating facilities are performing “well.”
The agency did not report any blackouts, a sharp contract to the Christmas holiday rolling blackouts of 2022.
But as they did earlier this week, along with several other power utilities, they asked consumer to reduce their energy consumption.
The TVA also offered some helpful tips to conserve power:
- Close your curtains and blinds during the day
- Run the dishwasher only when it’s full
- Wash clothes in cold water, using a high spin cycle
- Turn off water when it’s not in use
- Turn off lights when you can
- Replace the HVAC air filter every month